I had a lot of fun reading this: http://www.chrisgala.org/
With articles like these:
Mix Trick #1: Singer/Songwriter Acoustic Guitar
Mix Trick #2: Exciting Drum Room
Mix Trick #3: Bonham Drum Sound
Mix Trick #4: Snare Ghost Echo
Mix Trick #5: Vocal Double Clarity
and so on. Check it out!
PS. Also SlickEQ M (mastering edition) plugin is almost ready. And also we’re preparing reissue of Limiter6 (with AAX support, variable modules order and few new features). Stay tuned!
The news are:
- About SlickEQ GE and WYSIWYG curve and frequency analyzer
- About SlickEQ and new “Funky” output saturation mode
- About Limiter6 and the skin
- About oversampled EQs
- About Nova67P
Now let’s go into the details.
Read more of this post
If you experienced problems with high CPU load on Reaper and AU version crashes on Logic X, please update your version to 1.0.2b:
– Fixed CPU issues with Reaper
– Fixed possible crash in Logic
[Windows VST 32/64-bit (GUI#1 & GUI#2)]
[Mac VST/AU GUI#1] [Mac VST/AU GUI#2]
Also please check this cool skin by ENV1:
[Limiter No6 Windows VST 32/64-bit with ENV1 skin]
[Limiter No6 Mac VST/AU with ENV1 skin]
KVR thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=413380
Read more of this post
List of bugs fixed:
- bug that prevents usage of the plugin on mono tracks in Logic
- bug with occasional hang on preset change in AU 64-bit version
- possible crash for AU version
Also please note that hot-keys in Mac version operate a bit differently than in Windows one:
- use Command + Click instead of Ctrl + Click to reset parameter to default value
- use Ctrl + Click to open filter’s context menu if you have a single-button mouse
BUG REPORT BUG REPORT
Both Mac versions of Nova (VST & AU) hang if 88.2 or 96 kHz sample rate used in the project. I didn’t check 88.2/96 on Mac before… Okay, I’m going to fix it!
the video is pretty long 🙂
- SlickEQ “German” high-shelf boost at 24:11
- Molot “invisible” compression at 28:10
- Limiter No6 limiting/clipping at 33:13
PS. This video also features Luftikus by lkjb <https://code.google.com/p/lkjb-plugins/>
Top countries for the last year:
- United States
- United Kingdom
And top referrer sites for the last year:
Also, I want to say big THANK YOU for all who donated. You give me the reason to continue my efforts over and over again!
Okay, it’s time for further research and development. There’re pending little fixes for Limiter6 and Molot. And I have a dozen of new projects in my head! Please, be patient ’cause I didn’t stop my research work. 🙂
PS. Also, check my https://twitter.com/vladgsound from time to time.
(features also TLS Pocket Limiter)
What’s new in Molot 0.3.1:
- Output and editing of numeric parameter values. (Editing not implemented in 32-bit AU version)
- Fixed wrong mode in some presets.
- Fixed filter used in linear phase oversampling mode.
- Added “dithering off” option.
- Fixed working with VstToRTAS.
- Added AU version.
- Added support for 10 times attack time scaling.
- Changed limiter code (based on Limiter No6)
What’s new in Limiter №6 1.0.2:
- Less intensive animation (to save CPU cycles);
- Stereo-linked mode in peak-limiter was significantly improved;
- Numeric parameter values now editable (excluding 32-bit AU version);
- Modes I-III of peak limiter were slightly changed;
- AU version added
AU version release notes:
- To refresh DAW latency compensation when plugin latency is changed, audio must be restarted (stop/start);
- Limiter №6 changes its latency in “Min.latency” mode;
- Molot changes its latency when switched between “HQ” and “Fast” oversampling modes.
So finally, what’s new in version 1.0.2?
- New stereo-linking in peak limiter significantly reduced distortions;
- Numeric parameter values now editable;
- Less intensive animations to reduce CPU usage;
- Subtle changes in peak limiter Type I-III modes.
Windows version (32/64-bit, both GUI included):
Mac versions (32/64-bit, VST/AU):
AU version release notes:
- in “Min. latency” mode to refresh host latency compensation you must stop then start playback;
- if you manually enter numeric parameter value, you should click somewhere on plugin background instead of pressing “enter” key.
PS. I want to give more tests for this version, then release it!
What’s new? Stereo-linking in peak limiter module now works OK (check this out! it sounds pretty good). Also modes I-III in peak limiter module were slightly changed. Less CPU intensive GUI animation. Numeric parameter values are editable.
What’s new? New output limiter based on Limiter №6. Numeric parameter values are editable. A lot of bug fixes.
I’m making AU and Mac ports for these versions. They’re expected very soon!
PS. Also I’m trying to write small notes about development process on my Twitter. Nothing serious but you can check: