Nova-67P v1.0.2 update
Fixed a bug with UI freeze when working on 88.2/96 or greater sample rates:
Please report me your experience about this fix.
the video is pretty long 🙂
- SlickEQ “German” high-shelf boost at 24:11
- Molot “invisible” compression at 28:10
- Limiter No6 limiting/clipping at 33:13
PS. This video also features Luftikus by lkjb <https://code.google.com/p/lkjb-plugins/>
What can I add for this? First, it is a great pleasure to work with these guys. Next, we have a project to be released very soon. And we’re going to release 64-bit version for it. And we’re going to release Mac version too. And… Okay, no more information for today.
Q: What is denormalization?
A: In short, when the sound doesn’t play, the plugin starts to use several times more CPU power. It’s related with processing of very small numbers very very close to zero (less than -600 dBFS).
Q: Molot 0.3 didn’t have such problems, so why they were added to version 0.3.1?
A: This bug is related with combination of new limiter code and auto-off feature.
Q: What is auto-off feature?
A: When there’s no input signal, the signal processing code is bypassed. If it happens, version string on GUI becomes gray.
Windows version is updated under the same download link:
EDIT: Mac version is updated too (and also support for Mac OS X 10.5 restored):
PS. Reaper performance meter is a good tool to detect such problems!
And also thanks to Theo Niessink! EDIT: And Marc Abram too.
PPS. Also I found the same problem in Proximity plugin. Update shall come soon!
What’s new in Molot 0.3.1:
- Output and editing of numeric parameter values. (Editing not implemented in 32-bit AU version)
- Fixed wrong mode in some presets.
- Fixed filter used in linear phase oversampling mode.
- Added “dithering off” option.
- Fixed working with VstToRTAS.
- Added AU version.
- Added support for 10 times attack time scaling.
- Changed limiter code (based on Limiter No6)
What’s new in Limiter №6 1.0.2:
- Less intensive animation (to save CPU cycles);
- Stereo-linked mode in peak-limiter was significantly improved;
- Numeric parameter values now editable (excluding 32-bit AU version);
- Modes I-III of peak limiter were slightly changed;
- AU version added
AU version release notes:
- To refresh DAW latency compensation when plugin latency is changed, audio must be restarted (stop/start);
- Limiter №6 changes its latency in “Min.latency” mode;
- Molot changes its latency when switched between “HQ” and “Fast” oversampling modes.
- new limiter based on Limiter No6 one;
- editable numeric parameter values;
- bug fixes including Vst2RTAS wrapper compatibility fixes;
- 32/64-bit AU version.
Windows versions (32/64-bit, GUI and GUI-less and also 2-channels version):
Mac versions (32/64-bit, VST and AU):
So finally, what’s new in version 1.0.2?
- New stereo-linking in peak limiter significantly reduced distortions;
- Numeric parameter values now editable;
- Less intensive animations to reduce CPU usage;
- Subtle changes in peak limiter Type I-III modes.
Windows version (32/64-bit, both GUI included):
Mac versions (32/64-bit, VST/AU):
AU version release notes:
- in “Min. latency” mode to refresh host latency compensation you must stop then start playback;
- if you manually enter numeric parameter value, you should click somewhere on plugin background instead of pressing “enter” key.
PS. I want to give more tests for this version, then release it!
New Molot version was mentioned in September’12:
But next, it was KVR Developer Challenge 2012 and this Proximity plugin:
And next, I was busy for some unexpected reasons! And after that there were holidays! They are over and now I’m thinking what I should do the next…
By the way, for AU version please check this excellent video by Vanessa Leinani for VSTAU wrapping of Molot:
I want to release new version of Molot at the end of January. For now I’m thinking about replacement of Molot peak limiter to one from Limiter №6…
About Limiter №6. For some reasons, no one mention to me that stereo linking in peak-limiter module of Limiter №6 is not working at all!!! Thanks to Alexey Lukin for noticing that. The fix is ready and I after some stability tests I’m going to release it in a very very short period of time!
These are my short-term plans. My long-term plans are to make something in collaboration with Tokyo Dawn Labs in this year and also to make some new plugin of course! Yeah!
Read more of this post