“Limiter №6” mastering modular limiter
– 5 modules: RMS compressor, Peak limiter, High-frequency limiter, Clipper, True peak limiter
– high-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes
– brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings
– M/S and multiband modes
– optional 4x oversampling
– true inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting
– analog-style indication
– 2 different GUIs
[Limiter №6] [Лимитер №6]
PS. If you want to fix my english in the manual you can use this [doc-version] to change. Thank you!
I’m glad to introduce public alpha version of new limiter plugin (codename “Limiter6”)!
This plugin is unique combination of slow RMS-compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, oversampled clipper and inter-sample limiter. The idea of this combination is “gain staging” when each stage used a little to make a most clean sound.
This is not a plugin with 1 knob and smart brain inside, which allow making your mix 0 dB RMS. All settings are manual and there’re a lot of knobs.
The GUI is a draft yet and will be redrawn to photorealistic military style.
Read more of this post
The latest version for arrangement of controls is on the picture. The concept called “big indicators” 🙂
The signal chain is: RMS compressor -> Peak limiter -> HF limiter -> Clipper -> True peak limiter
The plan is:
- Prepare public alpha version of limiter plugin. This version will have draft GUI but all functionality included and working.
- Prepare next release of Molot compressor.
- Take a break and make photorealistic GUI for limiter plugin.